I can't run around trees anymore: Madhuri Dixit


Dhak-Dhak girl Madhuri Dixit, who is gearing up for her two movies Gulab Gang and Dedh Ishqiya, said that she is no longer interested in doing roles that require her to run around tress.

The actor took a break post marriage and made her comeback in 2007 with Aaja Nachle which was not impressive enough to recreate her magic. Now once again Madhuri is determined to steal the charm with unconventional roles in Gulab Gang and Dedh Ishqiya.

According to Dixit, her roles in both the flicks are not stereotypical.

"Both the films have very tight scripts and very mature roles- exactly the kind of films that I want to do now. I can't run around trees anymore. That is something that I won't enjoy doing. I feel now things are beyond beauty and that is the right way. I can't portray caricatures on screen," she Madhuri.

Madhuri said that the industry has changed a lot from what it was when she left.

"Our industry has changed. Women are all over and doing great work. When I left the industry, Farah Khan was a choreographer. When I came back, she had become this super successful director. There is Zoya Akhtar, who made last year's best film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. Now I see so many women as assistant directors, creative directors, camera persons. It is a positive step," said the 45-year-old actor. 

She also said that the reason behind so many women-centric movies like Kahaani, Fashion and The Dirty Picture, being made is because of the change in the society and audience.

Madhuri said that she always enjoyed her work and tried to keep herself away from the politics of the industry. "Being number one or number two never bothered me. I did not believe in all that. I had this in mind that whenever I go on the sets, I have to give my best. Whenever I gave a good shot, that was a special moment for me. "I never got into the politics of the industry. I was always kept away from it and enjoyed being being part of it," she said. 

Madhuri made her Bollywood debut with Abodh in 1984 and never looked back since then. She gave numerous hits like Tezaab, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Dil To Pagal Hai and Devdaas.
source: pardaphash

Comments